Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Ready for More...What Am I Gonna Do Now?

I think I've mentioned it before but in the last few months I've been working (alongside some very amazing people) to develop a motivational speech titled "What Are You Gonna Do Now?" I started out telling my story to small groups of friends and family and have continually developed the speech and grown the audiences to schools and companies. I've had the support of some really fantastic and generous people to get this far and I think I'm ready for more! My speech is about challenges we face and the possible next steps.  One of my favorite lines is "you can wipe the tears from your eyes or the sweat from your brow" and I think it is applicable to so many situations.

After my speeches I've had many people come up and tell me about the struggles they face. It's humbling to have someone share with you their deepest challenges and hear that my story was an inspiration in some way. Being in a wheelchair your challenges are always in the public eye and maybe that makes it easier to talk about? For whatever reason people confide in me the feeling of hope grows with every speech and I want to continue to develop my speaking skills and audience.

I'm looking at moving to Salt Lake to further my motivational speaking. It's a good place to live and I am ready for something new. The uncertainty is a little intimidating but I better take my own advice and do something about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment