Thursday, March 31, 2016

Massage Round 2- Spa Day

Take Two: Taking time for myself

My friends asked me if I'd like to try the spa with them, so I did. After my first experience with a massage, I guessed that I had everything figured out. (If you haven't read about it yet, I encourage you to, it was a funny experience.) Well, this time, I learned another lesson; this time it was more that just a massage, I was at a spa.

When we got to the spa, they all ordered a massage for an hour and half and I only wanted an hour. I said, "I can hangout in men's locker room and wait for you all," because they had a hot tub, steam room and sauna.

My massage went great, and then I decided while I'm waiting for the others I was going to set in the steam room. There was no one in locker room besides me, so I went up front and I asked the guy at the front deck if he could follow me into the steam room and take my wheelchair out. He said it was no problem and followed me into the steam room; I asked if he'd bring my wheelchair back to me in 7 to 10 minutes.

I'm setting in the steam room and all I'm wearing is a towel around my waist and then the steamers kick on. I wasn't in there for more then two minutes and the steam was thick that I couldn't see a foot in front of me. Now I'm starting to get claustrophobic. I laid my head down and I'm breathing into my hand trying to stay calm and hope that the guy comes back with my wheelchair.

Finally, I decided it's time to get out, I took my towel off, through it on the ground, so I could transfer to it and drag myself out. Just as soon as I through my towel on the floor the door opens. That guy comes in with my wheelchair as I sat on the bench naked!! He's probably thinking what a freak!!

So my lesson this time is, I'm not going into a steam room or anything unless someone is with me. Hopefully the next time I'm getting a massage or at a spa I won't end up naked in front of people!!

Speaking about being properly clothed, have you checked out my new clothing line? Order your DSF Gear Now!





http://www.dustinshillcox.com/home.html

https://youtu.be/CcuKFXLgsoc

I can Turn Myself on... Watch the  video to see how the stimulator implanted inside of me works.




 Dustin Shillcox’s life drastically changed when he was in a car accident August 2010 and sustained major spinal cord damage, a broken upper arm, collapsed lungs, broken ribs, cracked sternum & mild brain injury. Dustin’s complete T-5 spinal cord injury (SCI) left him with no feeling below his mid-chest, causing paralysis from the chest down.

Now paralyzed, and living his life in a wheel chair, Dustin was told he would never again be able to move below his waist again, but after participating in a cutting edge SCI research project, at the University of Kentucky in Louisville, he is now able to move his legs and stand once again. Dustin is living his life to the fullest, sharing his story, journey of overcoming obstacles, and faith while raising funds for spinal cord research. Through his motivational speaking and the Dustin Shillcox Foundation, he is helping to improve the lives of people in wheelchairs.

Dustin delivers an inspiring message about never giving up, and the power of a positive attitude in his speech "What Are You Gonna Do Now?" Inquire about Dustin's availability to speak at your next business meeting, conference, charity event, school, church or graduation event. If you are looking to inspire your crowd to overcome personal challenges, and motivate into action, Dustin needs to be your next call! 307.870.6764


https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dustin-shillcox/102/5a0/b60
written by Nickel Lowman

1 comment:

  1. Very Good Article.. thanks for sharing these with us keep posting.. we also spa in faridabad

    ReplyDelete